<

Monday, June 26, 2006

In the cemetary on a rainy evening


When I first saw these stones, I decided that the two that are crosing were lovers in life and couldn't bear to be parted in death. After I took the photo I went closer to read them, and saw that the true story is much sadder: The dark stones are children who died young (the one on the left was for 2 little boys who died at age 5 and 3 months, the one on the right was a girl who died at 3 days old). The larger one is their father. Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger Denton said...

A sad post ... I like the large photo.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A sad post I must agree :(

4:20 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

sad..my bf's niece (5 y.o.) once saw a tombstone of a young child, it made her realised that young children die too under special circumstances..she couldn't sleep for few days..

6:48 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

I had goose bumps reading this post, its too sad.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

Lovely shot

9:38 AM  
Blogger Lisi said...

it's sad but at first look it really has some feeling of a family there.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jude said...

I love this one. It doesn't strike me as sad at all, though, perhaps because I spend a lot of time in cemeteries. I set it as my temporary wallpaper. A beautiful shot.

11:55 AM  
Blogger Juggerpix said...

Fantastic shot! The picture alone is great, but to know who these were and their relation... wow.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

What a striking photo and sad story. Thanks for sharing. By the way...love the new look (it's been a while since I've been around).

j.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home