<

Saturday, July 22, 2006

An artist's view of Sharon


My neighbor Colleen had an opening today of a show of her beautiful paintings of Sharon. (This photo does not do it justice!) She is inspired, as I am, by the landscape and the light. This picture of the shopping plaza shows the faint glow of the sunset behind, the loneliness of the few cars left at closing time, and the light beaming from inside the grocery store - ordinary, daily, beautiful sights. I took a similar picture back in May, but it didn't capture the simple loveliness that Colleens painting does so eloquently.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Jenny, I'm glad that you visited my site and that I found yours! I've surfed backwards and found some lovely pictures. I also looked at your other blog and enjoyed the pics of your daughters. It was great fun looking at your community photos.

11:52 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

Congrats. to Colleen on her opening day! She must be excited :)

2:09 AM  
Blogger Kala said...

this town looks so warm and welcoming and peaceful and relaxing - wonderful painting - its amazing how she even has that perspective on the drawing and a beautiful artists she is.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

That is a stunning painting - what talent!!

7:20 AM  
Blogger Oleanderman said...

Great picture of a great picture! Best of luck to her.

12:11 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

What I like about it is that it's really good to take a photo of a painting of Sharon AND the artist. It all adds to the story, the sense of knowing more about what looks a good community and a good place to live. A good day's work by by both you & Colleen.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Blandine said...

Thanks for your comments, Jenny, on my photo blog. I'm really happy to share something creativ, if it's a pleasure for the public too.
Be sure I did not stop to go on your blog, even if I'm silent. I'm glad to watch your pictures, that is so different from our life!

4:09 PM  
Blogger Natalie said...

You have a talented neighbor.

6:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home