<

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Butterflies, dragons and desert isles


What is it about face painting that children love it so much? I spent five hours volunteering at an event today and the children never stopped coming. I forgot my mirror so used the camera to show them how they looked - and conveniently got my blog post for the day. The event, by the way, was the Bike New York Harlem Valley Rail Ride - you could ride anywhere from 22 to 100 miles. It was 90 degrees and very humid today, but almost everyone arrived at the final event in good spirits. There were peole giving massages, serving pulled pork and corn on the cob and, of course, face painting!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This face painting "chess board" is very interesting. This way of presenting a portrait is very nice! How did you did it?

4:06 AM  
Blogger alice said...

Just a word: Bravo!

6:30 AM  
Blogger marjan hols reis photography said...

so nice to see all those faces together and painted

11:23 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Your pictures of Sharon have become such a wonderful photographic journey of how the days go by. I think I'm beginning to get a wee bit envious ;)

12:32 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Pedro, I did it in Picasa - there's a photo collage function - it's quite easy! Just "hold" all the photos yu want to include (edit them as you wish first), and press "collage." That's it!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

Clever idea and great collage with beautiful, smiling faces!

1:34 PM  
Blogger jenni said...

my daughter also LOVES to have her face painted.. actually, I accidentally discovered that the paint I was using was a great sunscreen.. she burned everywhere that was NOT covered.. she spent the rest of that summer painted!

I am glad you forgot your camera! ;)

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home