<

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Farm for sale


IMG_1187, originally uploaded by jahansell.

I drive past this farm, on the Millerton-Lakeville border, most days. It would take a very wide angle lens, and great courage, to get a good shot of it, as it's got a huge expanse of rolling hills that's just gorgeous, and the only spot to photograph it is on a dangerous spot of the main road. (Tight curve, cars whizzing by, no shoulder.) If you're interested, it's only $2.5 million - read all about it here! (And John Harney, if you sell it to someone who learned about it on this blog, I want a percentage!)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SOLD! On the basis of that photo, I'm not surprised at the price tag, although with the exchange rate at the moment that would be.... let's see.... um.. about 400 billion Aus dollars!

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your photos.
Out of very little, you manage to make a really something with a meaning.

Best wishes

9:01 PM  
Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

Great photo Jenny and thank you for stopping by at nelson.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Juggerpix said...

2.5 million! And they say there is no money to be made in farming (well, perhaps not in the actual farming itself).

Nice shot, an idyllic setting.

10:43 PM  
Blogger Kris said...

only 2.5 mil ..after division, multiply = 500 mil Hungarian ..:o I think i'll just enjoy the landscape from your lovely photo ;)

3:32 AM  
Blogger photowannabe said...

Let me check my bank statement...Nope, guess I'll have to settle for dreaming instead.
Beautiful country.
I don't want to read the headline that says PHOTOGRAPHER RISKED LIFE AND LIMB TO CAPTURE HER DAILY PHOTO BLOG, is she okay?
Glad you were sucessful.

1:55 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

If you can supply the missing word, that temp. escapes me, this is the song that flew into my mind:
"How they gonna xxxx you down on the farm, after you see Paree...?"

Not a bad little spread, but I won't start honing my ploughing/sowing/reaping skills just yet. Like you, I should save for an SLR first!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Mile, isn't it just "keep?"

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home