<

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Golden Globes

IMG_0958
It seems a bit early for pumpkins - it's still 6 weeks til Halloween. But at Ellsworth Farm they are already ripe. We grew some vines at the Community Center where I work - last year, vandals smashed them, but someone gave us some more so we tried again. This year, we got only one pumpkin (they often need to be hand-pollinated, and I didn't do it) and just as it was almost ripe, it was stolen. I still have faith in the human race, even so - on the very same day that the pumpkin was taken, a group of teenagers volunteered to clean up the back yard and paint our picnic table, that had been covered with graffiti. Read more here.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter loves pumpkin soup, I love pumpkin tempura... yum yum.

4:16 AM  
Blogger alice said...

Bad and good sides of human behaviour...Have a nice day, Jenny

1:01 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love the colour of pumpkins! Like John's daughter I like pumpkin soup too!

8:56 PM  
Blogger Curly said...

I like this shot Jenny, pity you didn't get just a bit lower down and filled the foreground with one of those big pumpkins.

Curly's Photoshop

4:58 AM  
Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

Today's post on Hyde Daily Photo is Pumpkins Galore and I've included links to more than sixty pumpkin posts on blogs around the world including your own. Happy halloween to everyone.

5:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a great picture..
Happy Halloween
cheers from Canada
Gisela

8:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home