<

Friday, September 08, 2006

Plein Air Painters


The Sharon Historical Society had an opening today about land use through history in Sharon - it starts from the very beginning, when the land was sold off in 700 acre parcels, with the requirement that an 18-square foot house be built within the year. It took a year to clear an acre of land in those days.
The SHS also has a show on right now of paintings by the Connecticut Plein Air Society. They paint outdoors, in the moment, with the light changing constantly. Some of the paintings were absolutely lovely!

By the way, if you are having trouble posting comments on my blog, it's because I've moved to something called "Blogger Beta." It's still full of bugs, but I can't switch back. To leave a comment, try selecting "other" or "anonymous" instead of using your regular identity! Or just send me an email! Thanks for your patience -I hope they have this fixed soon! I also cannot leave comments on other blogs if they have not switched to Beta yet - sorry about that! (I can't even move to another blog host like Wordpress as they can't import from Blogger Beta!) I'm still posting because I figured out a new workaround for getting my photos up, in the size I want!

4 Comments:

Blogger Juggerpix said...

I've always admired painters, I often find it hard just to take a picture of something nice looking, never mind trying to draw or paint it!.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:57 PM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

lovely pictures in a very vibrant frames, i had a few attempts to paint but never really got around it.

i migrated to blogger beta and hope the problems will be sorted out soon =)

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enlarged, the one on the left is particularly striking. I really think that is great and remininscent of certain reflection photos i can think of. You really are surrounded by a lot of highly able artists in Sharon, aren't you?

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home