<

Monday, October 02, 2006

Celebrate Sharon

IMG_1305
This is part of the Grange's display at Celebrate Sharon Day. It was an inspiring afternoon - I found out just how many organizations we have in our small town that are working to help people locally, regionally and around the world. I want to get involved in all of them!

All my pictures from the day can be seen here.
(If you want to see them as a slideshow, click here!)
I visited with the Boy Scouts, the Stove Doctors, the town Democrats and Republicans, the Women's Club, the Grange, the Lion's Club, Foundation for Community Health, Sharon Health Care Center and Sharon Hospital,the Fire Department, The Green Association, the Housing Trust, Habitat for Humanity, the Methodists, Congregationalists, and Cong. Beth David; the Green Preservation Association, Folk Legacy records and Firelight sculpture studios, the school and the library, Women's Support Services, the Chore Service the new Community Center, the Resource Recovery Authority... all this in a town of under 3,000 people! (If I left someone out, I apologize!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its always so enjoyable to visit your blog. A great photo (Misty Morning), somethnig interesting to learn about and always accompanied by good sense of humor.
And, by the way, you should have won the the theme day contest

All the best

8:43 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Good lord, there must be one organization for each person, with a few belonging to multiple groups. People in your town must be busy!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

I got sidetracked by your narration. I was going to ask you, are you thinking "preserves"??? Also, I second Lachezar. That WAS the best taxi photo.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home