<

Friday, November 17, 2006

A quiet place


This is from the Sharon Historical Society - the last of the photos I shot at the art opening a few weeks ago. The funny thing about the rooms and furniture and displays is that a lot of homes around here still look just like this - old things are always in style. I went to a fundraiser called "For the Love of Old" at the home of a woman who decorated her house with everything old, but not neat and sleek like this, but "shabby chic" - folk art, roughhewn wooden furniture with peeling paint, amateur oil painting, garage sale finds... the effect was wonderful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Olivier said...

un endroit ideal pour lire tranquillement un roman.


an ideal place to read a novel quietly.

9:22 AM  
Blogger Icarus said...

There are superb items in this room. I am allowed to choose just one to take home with me (because B'day/Xmas/Chan/Reveillon/Festa dos Reis is coming up). Thinks...Looks..Eliminates..Eureka!
I am going to have the carpet. Thank you very much indeed!! I will treasure it always.

Now, dream on (3-hour phone conference, it's all finished well! Big thanksxxx)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Eric said...

Can you imagine that we used to use globes?! My how times have changed.

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home