<

Monday, December 25, 2006

Countdown to New Year's - the top photos of 2006


The Daily Photo family has chosen its theme for January 1: the best photo of the year. I’ve decided to make it a week-long celebration – starting today I’m counting down my favorite shots from March (when I started this blog) til now. I actually have 41 out of the 269 photos I’ve posted that I REALLY like, so winnowing it down to 8 is painful in the extreme, and highly arbitrary!
I haven’t chosen the number 1 shot yet: I encourage my regular visitors to nominate (via email or comment) their personal favorites from this year – I’ll take all votes into account when I make my final selection for the Year’s Best Picture.
Today’s shot is from early October, a misty early morning on Mudge Pond

7 Comments:

Blogger Icarus said...

Heavens! Are all of you going to do this? Hard, J. Very hard!

8:11 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Happy Holidays to you, Jenny. I like your idea - we only joined on 2 August, and we've been wondering about what to do with the next theme day. We might be lazy and do a series during the first week of Jan?

8:45 PM  
Blogger Olivier said...

tres belle photo et tres bonne idee. je te souhaite de bonne vacances.

very beautiful photograph and very good idea. I wish you good holidays

2:15 AM  
Blogger Lisi said...

i'm sure it's not easy for you to choose...I just got back from my minibreak and decided to join the theme day...scratching my head now...anywaz, Merry Christmas!

3:09 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Hi Jenny,

I see everyone is sympathizing with you and not offering any help. :-) I just had a very enjoyable time looking back over the year and I don't know that I'm much help either - I wrote down nineteen that I liked better than the others, though it was hard because they are all so beautiful.

So here are the ones I liked best: April 5, May 14 and 23, June 5, 17, 18, 25, July 11, 17, 20, 28, August 12, 13, 27, 28, October 11, 16, 17, 19.

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

this could be best one for me..i still love it!

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great. I'm sure I will not miss a day of your count down.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home