<

Monday, January 01, 2007

January 1, 2007 - the Best Photo of the Year


The Daily Photo community chooses a theme for the first day of each month - naturally, for the first day of the year, we chose to post our Best Photo of 2006. I've been counting down my favorites all week (see below) and have asked others for their choices as well. This is my final decision (though if you asked me yesterday or tomorrow I might pick something else!)

Here's a link to some of the top runners-up.

And now, please take some time to travel the world and see the most surprising, beautiful, enlightening pictures you could ever hope to see, from DP'ers from Ausralia, where it's been New Year's for hours already, to Hawai'i, where it won't be New Year's for many hours to come, and every continent in between! (Almost - I don't think we have a DP'er in Antarctica yet!)

Porto (Portugal) -Albuquerque, NM (USA) -St. Paul, (USA) Kate -Greenville,SC (USA) -Stayton, OR (USA) -Szentes (Hungary) -Hyde (UK) -London (UK) -Dubai (UAE) -Buenos Aires (Argentina) -Shanghai (China) -Nelson (New Zealand) -Twin Cities, MN (USA) -Joplin MO (USA) -Stavanger (Norway) -Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia) -Not Strictly Seattle, WA (USA) -Jakarta (Indonesia) -Auckland (New Zealand) -Sharon, CT (USA) -Evry (France) -(Aust) John -Newcastle upon Tyne (England) -Paris (France) -Bandung (Indonesia) -Brussels (Belgium) -Minneapolis MN (USA) -Aliso Viejo, CA (USA) -Seattle, WA (USA) -Budapest (Hungary) -Singapore by Zannnie (Singapore) -Tenerife (Spain) -Santa Clara, CA (USA) -Houston, TX (USA) -Sydney by Nathalie (Aust) -San Diego, CA (USA) -Vancouver, BC (Canada) -Singapore by KeropokMan (Singapore) -East Lansing, MI (USA) -Sydney by Sally (Australia) -Tucson, AZ (USA) -Nottingham (UK) -Sequim, by Norma -Hong Kong -Vantaa, Finland -Kyoto (Japan) -Tokyo (Japan) -Chattanooga -Santiago (Chile) -erlin (Germany) -Trondheim (Norway) -Delta, CO (USA) -

25 Comments:

Blogger Felicia said...

Happy New Year Jenny! You had so many great ones to choose from. This one reminds me of France! Best wishes for 2007!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Jenny

You have taken so many beautiful pictures. It's been inspiring and also entertaining.

I would not know how to pick the best from your list too. They are all deserve to be on Number 1.

Hmm with the barrels of hay, the cows will be well fed! hehe..

Wishing you a very Blessed New Year. Happy 2007 from Singapore!

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic colors. Glad you saw potential in this scenery, as I suspect most people would just walk on by.

Happy New Year from Trondheim, Norway!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

Happy New Year, Jenny. I think this was a great choice, though I don't know, you have so many great ones. Hope to see more in 2007.

11:41 PM  
Blogger edwin s said...

happy new year jenny! wishing you and your family a year filled with great memories.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Lisi said...

I definitely remember this one, the composition and colors are great! happy 2007 to you and your family :-)

12:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the best for the 2007 Jenny!
I can't wait for a full new year of Sharon colours!

Cheers

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from Albuquerque Daily Photo!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

This was one of my favourites. Glad you've picked it. Memories of late summer -- just what we need on this cold bleak wintry morn.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Ham said...

Hard to choose isn't it, but fun. A well deserved winner, though. Happy new year from London

5:33 AM  
Blogger Olivier said...

magnifique, superbe couleur, le choix n'a pas du etre facile.



splendid, superb color, the choice does not have an easy being

7:42 AM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Goooood Morning! It's January again and everything is shiny new and wonderful.
I'm glad I didn't have to make a choice, but it's interesting to see what people's own choices have been. Personally, I wavered between your Thursday & Friday posts, Thursday was wholesome and secure; Friday's despite perhaps over-colour-tweaked, contained the sense of the community on the brow of the hill. In the end, it doesn't matter so much. You chose, and I think that's what matters most. And now the sun has finally beaten the morning mist here!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Kris said...

i think everyone said it here, you are good at capturing your subjects and I sure am looking forward to more from you in 2007!

psst...i prefer the photo you used for header :)

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have so many great photos to choose from this would have been difficult. Of those you presented I would have picked the one reposted on Dec 28th. Happy New Year.

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year from Buenos Aires daily :)

10:18 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

You chose a good photo from among the many outstanding ones that you had posted in the past. Looking forward to more from you in 2007.

12:57 PM  
Blogger buzzgirl said...

Great choice! Happy New Year!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

It is a tribute to your art that after looking through your runner's up photos I can say that I would have come up with an entirely different list. You have so many wonderful shots, and these are great, but few of my faves were among them. A great choice for your winner of the moment. I always enjoy my visits to Sharon through your lens. When I get a little time, I'll try to get through your archive and name my faves for you. And I will be ordering a print of the rock photo when I get a moment to attend to it. My husband, although young, is in treatment for terminal illness, so my little diversion in the midst of it all is trying to shot and post myself. I wish I could also keep up with the posts of others as I would like. Wishing you more wonderful shots in the new year,
-Kim

3:12 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great photo, it could have been taken anywhere in the UK's countryside during the autumn. Best wishes for 07.

3:35 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

I love the composition and colors in this photo! So simple, and so beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful 2007!

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how you managed to chose...you have so many wonderful photos. I've enjoyed your style for some time and each photo is a treat.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Beautiful choice! I've really enjoyed your work, and look forward to more exceptional photos from you in 2007!
Happy New Year from Minneapolis!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Cool Photo! I love the color. ALl the best in 07!

9:05 PM  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

A good choice Jenny, and I like the runner-up photos as well.
Happy new year 2007!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Ame said...

JENNY!!! I LOVED this shot...still do! SOOOOOOOOOO...is it Monet? EEEEEEK! I forget my art history...who did the hay bales? Remind me SOMEONE! LOL! Hey, Happy 2007...hope it brings you more happiness, love, peace & joy than you've ever had...and I'm STILL trying to finish that darn scarf...can't believe it's taken me this long...it's my goal this WEEK! LOL! Toodles for now! =) Ame

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home