<

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Not quite spring


It's not spring yet, but the sap is running. Maple syrup is a beloved product of our local forests, and many small operations tap the trees, boil the sap, bottle and sell it, year after year. This year seems be an exception, according to the Lakeville Journal - for many different reasons, a lot of the local farms aren't producing. Sharon Audubon is, however, and will be having its annual maple festival next weekend. I won't be around to see and photograph it, so went over there today to see the preparations. The sugar house was quiet but the buckets are filling up - a few more photos here.

I spent all afternoon wandering back roads of Sharon I've not yet shown on this blog - come back often in the next week or two to learn about Ellsworth and the Housatonic River. All this leading up to the one-year anniversary of Sharon Daily Photo in just about three weeks.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

I must go down to our sugar bush and see what's happening.

Thanks for the reminder!!!


Pat's Photos and
Guelph Daily Photo

12:51 AM  
Blogger RUTH said...

I never knew that maple syrup was really collected like this....similar to rubber. Thanks for a new piece of knowledge to pass on to the grandchildren.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Am I going crazy? Or is it really there? All i see is an Image-Shack box, with a FROG!!! The same frog-in-a-box that totally took over analia's blog a few weeks back, but only for me. 100s of them! I am still the only person who sees it as her ID photo And now it's here. If anyone else can see this image under the post title, and no picture posted by Jenny, I'd like to know. AAaaaaaaaaarrrrggh!!!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home