<

Friday, March 30, 2007

One


One little snowdrop - that's the way I celebrate the one-year anniversary of Sharon Daily Photo? Yes - bear with me for a moment and you'll see why. It's all about the number one.

One flower blooming - this is the first of the year, it just opened today. It's the beginning, the harbinger of change and growth. When I started this blog one year ago, I was stuck and I was sad.

One person showed me a way forward: Eric, of Paris, gave me an idea, a brilliant one, a manageable one.

One photo - one a day. I didn't think I could "be an artist" or a photographer, but I could do one photo a day - even I, stuck and sad, busy and overwhelmed, could manage that.

One step - we never know, do we, when we take that first step, where it will lead? I used to be frightened of not knowing - I couldn't take a step if I wasn't sure it would get me where I wanted to go, and I didn't even know where that was. So of course I was paralyzed, unable to take even one step.

One friend, and then another, and another - to all of you: Lisi and Edwin, Kris and Chris, Pierre and Olivier, Dsole and Jing, Ham and Meg, Ruth and Ani and Stewart, Maxx/Rick and Janet and so many more - each time you came to visit and left just one positive comment, you encouraged me to take one more photo, for one more day.

One year - one year later, so much has changed. So much growth, so much blooming. It's spring again, and I have one flower blooming in my garden. This time, I know for sure, that it will be followed by many many more.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1st Anniversary! Excellent picture and so appropriate. Thanks for the info on how it all started. I've been following your blog for a few months and I love it! I'm really getting a feel for the lovely town of Sharon.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1st anniversary Cynthia! I love how you described this day... for sure the days to come will have many more beautiful photos! Kudos to you!

12:51 AM  
Blogger RUTH said...

"Life is a garden,
Good friends are the flowers
And time spent together,
Life's happiest hours.
And friendship, like flowers,
Blooms ever more fair,
When carefully tended
by dear friends, who care."
A wonderful photo to celebrate your achievements of this first year. As Stewart once said to me in my early blog days "Onwards and Upwards". May you and your blog continue from strength to strength.
{{HUGS}}
Rx

1:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations from Austria!

Keep on posting, I always enjoy your pohtos.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Congratulations on the Happy Occasion...beautiful photo and beautiful post today.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Icarus said...

I think that you've found the best way possible to comemmorate how it started and celebrate one year on.
And as I have in my mind's eye what I'll be posting today on "Flame", I've decided that it must be dedicated to you, but just between us, if I don'tsay it out loud.
"Mazel tov" is such a great, apt salute! Sxxxxx

11:31 AM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

Happy 1st 'One'!
it's amazing to visit and learn about your part of the world.
well done Jenny!

11:42 AM  
Blogger Olivier said...

BRAVO, et je te souhaite un Bon Anniversaire.. Un an que tu nous fait partager ta ville avec de superbes photos..Bonne Continuité


CHEER, and I wish you a Happy Birthday. One year that you makes us divide your city with superb photographs. Good Continuity

1:28 PM  
Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

Happy birthday -- a single flower for the number one -- that gives me a possible idea for Hyde turns one in ten days time.

It is amazing how sites grow and change over twelve months.

cheers

3:31 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Happy Birthday! Your site has given me so much joy through this year. I'm glad it has done the same for you!

Here's to a great second year!

"The Other Ruth" :-)

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 1st anniversary, have a great second year.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Zannnie said...

OOhhhh, congratulations!!! on your first anniversary;)

this flower really looked like a 'lighbulb' ;)

Nice composition, with both words and the photo for this special day of your blog

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

already 1 year! Honestly, I feel so happy because being in a small town its no easy task to keep posting. Jenny, you should be so proud :))

8:09 AM  
Blogger Lisi said...

Dear Jenny, I love the photo and the lovely note to go with it! It really is a great achievement to have done it for a whole year and I'm glad you made it!

Happy First Birthday!

ps. I was late because blogspot is blocked again, but I've found a proxy (wink wink)

8:10 AM  
Blogger edwin s said...

Happy Birthday! It's been a year of truly beautiful images. Each one calm and serene. Not an easy feat I can tell you. So who cares if you're an 'artist'? It's your gift to us on a daily basis that matters most.

1:15 AM  
Blogger Michael Salone said...

I actually came here from the CityDailyPhoto portal to wish you a happy 1 year anniversary, but started looking at all of the photos you've been posting and am amazed that I've missed most of them. It's hard to keep up with all of you DPrs - but I love seeing the work. You have really done wonderfully and I hope you continue for a long time.

2:04 AM  
Blogger Ben Nakagawa said...

I just received the message from DPO list server today 16/April.
Happy Birthday!

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home