<

Saturday, April 07, 2007

For Ruth


under the oak, originally uploaded by jahansell.

Over the last few months, thanks to the blogosphere, I've gotten to know Ruth and her husband Mick, who live in a small town in England. Her warmth, humor and boundless love during extremely difficult times have been inspiring to me and many others who may never have the chance to meet her in real life. For her, and to honor Mick's memory, I chose this photo, which I took and posted last summer, because it seems peaceful, and perhaps looks a bit like English countryside as well.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Well, even though this wasn't for me, the other Ruth, I loved this photo too.

I'm so sorry to hear about Ruth's loss - I'm on my way over to tell her so.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Dsole said...

this is a beautiful picture indeed. I'm sorry to hear that bad new even I don't know Ruth. Hope you can make her feel better.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Another corner of another foreign field that is forever England.
An apt and beautiful hommage on a tragic day.
It is a good thing to look up and see a clear sky. It serves to help us when things are down. And when they are up, it does no harm to look down a little; because nothing is static, life is motion and so there will always be change.
Very best wishes,
SXXXXXXXXXXXX

4:01 PM  
Blogger RUTH said...

A beautiful picture ; as you say it is so reminiscent of our English countryside. Thank you for all your support and caring words.
{{{HUGS}}}
Rx

4:39 PM  
Blogger Carol E. said...

How touching! It is indeed a peaceful and beautiful scene. I hope Ruth feels the comfort of it and from you.

5:25 PM  
Blogger AnalĂ­a said...

Ruth and Mick story is and will always be inspiring to all of us. Beautiful picture Jenny.
xoxoxo
Ani

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice picture I used to live up there ten years ago first in Millerton and then in Pine Plains. I worked as a farrier and got to drive all over the surrounding area. Your pics bring back memories. my favorite drive though is in the fall up rte 7 starting in
Salisbury and going to up Great Barrington

10:16 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

A lovely landscape - looks like the England in the storybooks.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home