<

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Red springtime


Have you ever noticed that things turn red in spring before they turn green? I haven't seen a green leaf on a tree or bush yet, but these are about to burst! Of course we're supposed to get snow tonight. White snow on red twigs - that would be a pretty picture if it wasn't so sad! Last year, we had snow in April too - but in general if you look back to last April we're way behind. (We had daffodils on the green by April 8 and fully-blooming forsythia by the 16th - we are nowhere close to either this year!)

3 Comments:

Blogger WK said...

That's very exotic for me!!!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks like a red twig dogwood bush. I have several here in Ohio and I make new ones each year by cutting off a branch and inserting it into the ground. It works. Nice photo and commetary is good too.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonjour,

My name is Monique lives it in the suburbs of Paris, I find your photographs very beautiful

(Mon nom est Monique l'habite dans la banlieue de Paris, je trouve vos photos très belles)

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home