<

Saturday, May 19, 2007

lettuce now praise our local farms

It's really cold here today - I was shivering when I went to Paley's to get some Moo Doo potting soil, (picked up some Shrimp and Seaweed compost too - YUM!) a few plants (I wanted things with purple foliage, got an Oxalis, an African Blue Basil and some sweet potato vines) and some snacks and veggies for Ella's birthday party. Tomorrow the sun returns, and I'll be volunteering at Trade Secrets, a huge annual event.(fundraiser for Women's Support Services.) I'm thrilled that I'll be stationed at Weatherstone, Carolyne Roehm's gorgeous home - I'll pray that she allows me to take a few pictures of her garden and grounds!

5 Comments:

Blogger RUTH said...

Great play on words Jenny. I hope you manage to get some pics tomorrow...would love to see them
Rx

5:06 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

Yes, lettuce praise them. Looks like some fertile dirt.

6:01 PM  
Blogger lv2scpbk said...

That looks to be how big my lettuce plants are right now.

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I have not seen so much lettuce since I collected stones in the fields and mom and dad had what they called a "truck patch." Filled with vegetables they sold door to door during and after The Depression.

I clicked your links and went to the home and it all looks great. Good luck to you too and hopefully you will fill your camera with pretty things.

6:50 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

Love Lettuce.........need I say more? Possibly too cryptic? Straight from the heart, etc?
These look very professional, if you know what I mean. At first, I got it into my head that this was in your backyard, but realised that even you couldn't find time to cultivate these fields too & praise yourself into the bargain.
And Catherine sure seems to have a creative idea or two up her sleeve. Doesn't strike me as a woman to leave anything that might ordinarily be called 'mess' lying around. Secretly, I hope you report back that her house was a tip, as the Brits say!

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home