<

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Roaring Oaks


roaringoaks, originally uploaded by jahansell.

What a nice name for a flower shop, isn't it? I don't know what it means, exactly - how can oaks roar? But it sounds intriguing. I had a call from the m the other day - there were bouquets waiting there for my two daughters. I couldn't imagine who'd sent them - I knew my stepmother wanted to get them flowers for their ballet recital but that's not til next weekend. We walked over one evening (it's just around the corner and down the green) and found two lovely bouquets sent by my uncle, for their birthdays (Abbey's was in January, but who's counting!)

Tomorrow I"ll pause from my tour of downtown to show a picture or two from a play about Harriet Tubman we saw at the school last night.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

An unexpected gift is the best kind! Lucky girls! The name of the shop is unusual; ask them to find out why it is called that!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Pat said...

What a lovely surprise! Nice to receive!

I agree with Kate. Maybe you can ask about the name. I'd sure like to know. I love the little picket fence.



My PAD and
Guelph Daily Photo

1:58 AM  
Blogger RUTH said...

It would be interesting to know why they chose the name. What a lovely surprise the boquets must have been.Rx

2:37 AM  
Blogger Martel said...

On my Blog, I show to you the “Right Street”, one of the principal streets of Martel. Cavity it is very except right-hand side, it turns in all the directions. Also have in your city, of the streets with a name in contradiction with the street? (Street example of the restaurants without any restaurants).
Good Day
My blog photographs on the town of Martel

4:38 PM  
Blogger Icarus said...

I omitted the flower shop in my Country Club comm. It's a cryptic kind of name, isn't it....More Flames of Eden"?"

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home