<

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Cornfield


cornfield, originally uploaded by jahansell.

There are bare fields, and then suddenly, there is corn! I've posted cornfields, and also pics of this farm, on Sharon Station Road, before, but it struck me as so lush and quintessentially representative of this area so, here it is again!


Happy Fourth of July - I've got nothing especially patriotic to post (my daughter outgrew her American Flag dress, to her lasting regret)-- but this is in the category of "Americana" I suppose!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Lovely, and with a big red barn and silos to boot!

12:26 AM  
Blogger julia said...

Looks interesting. Yesterdays post on music 'sounds' fine, music speaks all languages perhaps. Found your site as a result of red theme, thanks, happy July 4th!

12:28 AM  
Blogger RUTH said...

Happy 4th July. I like the buildings on the horizon and the thought of all that corn makes my mouth water.
Rx

3:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice field of corn. Looks like the farmer will get to pay off his bills. Here where I live, in spite of our drought, the corns looks nice. In the southeast, the farmers lost everything. So a big zero for a whole year is not much to talk about. Wow. Imagine that.

Abraham Lincoln
the robins
the Japanese Beetles

7:41 AM  
Blogger Showing Up for the Muse said...

I think it wholy appropriate- the saying is- the corn should be "knee high by the fourth of July"! And it is!

1:10 PM  
Blogger alice said...

Oh yes, so American for a French eye! Happy 4th July, Jenny!

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home