<

Monday, July 09, 2007

Oblong Books and Music, Millerton, NY


oblong jr millerton ny, originally uploaded by jahansell.

Oblong really started it all -the renaissance in Millerton. They have a great selection of books and CD's, their kids department has only creative and well-made toys, no junk, and a fantastic selection of literature. Michelle, who runs that department, has probably taught every kid in the tri-state area a love of reading. She and I will be running the Harry Potter party on the 20th - she'll be Prof. Sprout and I'll be Prof. Trelawney. (I have my crystal ball ready!)

Long live the independent bookstore!

5 Comments:

Blogger Lilly said...

indeed, long live the independant bookstores all around the world. I would love to join your party. Have fun!!

6:26 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Hooray for independent bookstores! Great photo, as always.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Well said - as a former indie bookstore employee of 7 years (Canterbury Booksellers in Madison, WI, now sadly closed) I wholeheartedly agree.
Many, many thanks for visiting my food blog - I never expected to get any visitors there and was thrilled to see some comments! No, I haven't given up, just not enough time in the day...

9:36 PM  
Blogger RUTH said...

Other people's shops always look more interesting than ours! I bet the Harry Potter party will be fun...can't wait to see a pic of you as Professor Trelawney :o)
Rx

4:07 AM  
Blogger Neva said...

I work in a library but I LOVE this kind of store...nice shot.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home