<

Saturday, July 28, 2007

sharon mountain


sharon mountain, originally uploaded by jahansell.

I always start humming when I drive past this sign, in on West Cornwall Road. There's a little lullabye I used to sing my daughter when she was a baby, called "Snows are Falling on Douglas Mountain..." of course, I always changed it to "Snows are falling on Sharon Mountain, snows are falling so deep, snows are falling on Sharon Mountain, putting the bears to sleep. " And I'm sure there are many bears in these woods - I've seen them myself!

3 Comments:

Blogger Neva said...

Would love to hear the tune to this little lullaby! but I really don't want to see any bears!

8:51 AM  
Blogger RUTH said...

I'd love to see a bear...but would probably take flight if I did :o)
Rx

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spend alot of time hiking in this park, (try hiking the Appicican trail that cross the dirt road... look for the white blazes...) there are also letterbox's hidden here... whats a letterbox? go to www.letterboxing.org and find the clues! i have bears in my yard in Sharon CT, but have never run into one here...

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home