<

Monday, August 20, 2007

katydid


katydid, originally uploaded by jahansell.

I'm not back, exactly, at least not on a daily basis, yet. But I've so appreciated the comments I've gotten that I feel very encouraged to keep going. Especially having met someone this weekend who has been using my blog as a guidebook, now that he's moved to Sharon from far away (not because of my blog though!) I had to laugh when he said he went into Terni's and asked for a milkshake - I could have predicted the gruff response! I should apologize to Phil Terni for sending people there!

Anyway, this katydid was so pretty - it's on a pumpkin flower in my garden. I will return after Labor Day, in some form - if not daily, then at least a few times a week! Since I"m not taking any other kind of vacation, this break will have to suffice!

13 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

A wonderful photo! The katydids have been noisy around Selma the past week or so!

9:15 AM  
Blogger tut-tut said...

Glad you reconsidered! Love the effect of the insect on the blossom.

9:41 AM  
Blogger RUTH said...

Great photo and how wonderful that your blog is used as a guide book. Do you know why it is called a "katydid"? Not a name I've heard before.
Rx

10:42 AM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Cool! I love bugs (insects) and flowers, nice capture! Mary :-D

1:36 PM  
Blogger travelphilippines said...

wow nice photo soo vibrant and alive.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Jilly said...

Super photo. Wondrous colours and detail. Never heard of a katydid. Wonder if we have them in Europe under a different name?

And welcome back!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friendly creature. The Katydid here are smaller this year. Guess it must be related to the drought. Our tomatoes are golf ball size but still good.

8:14 AM  
Blogger inspired said...

beautiful ;o]

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea!

Welcome back!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! I anonymously support your plan and I'll be checking in a couple times a week to enjoy your work! :)

1:14 PM  
Blogger Tara's Talk said...

Fabulous photo!

I am glad you are going to keep sharing;)

I think it is great that someone is using your blog as a guide! And you shouldn't have to apologize for sending someone business:) You'd think they would appreciate the business;) hee!

10:10 AM  
Blogger Neva said...

I am glad you are considering continuing a few times a week. Welcome back! Lovely shots!

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for re-considering....as a Sharon native living far away I love seeing my hometown through your eyes.....
There are many of us (Class of '78 HVRHS) who look at your photos every day and then email each other with comments...we think you are FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home