<

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

First Day!


firstday, originally uploaded by jahansell.

The first day of school for all our town's children, and for mine as well, who just started here after several years at a different school. There were a few tears (some of them mine, some of them from a quite distraught child who was clinging to his mother with all the strength he could muster!), a little confusion (about lunch money, bus routes, health forms and the like) lots of smiles and excitement. My elder daughter, going into third grade, was crazy nervous - she didn't fall asleep til 11:30 last night. she hadn't met her teacher or seen her room, she was desperate to know things like - would I have my own desk with a little space below? (yes!) are there computers in the classroom? (yes!) do I get one to myself? (no!) My little one, going into Kindergarten, was calm and confident. She knew how to get to her room, she knew where her cubby was - she was all set. They both gave their first day a reasonably enthusiastic thumbs up, and then collapsed in front of the TV (with snack, homework done.) We'll go out for ice cream to celebrate in a little while.

This post marks my return to daily photoblogging - fall is so beautiful around here I don't want to miss it! I will be working on some other projects - a book and a calendar of my pictures - stay tuned for details!

3 Comments:

Blogger tut-tut said...

Glad you're back. And you've really captured all the first day jitters/excitement at grade school.

7:41 PM  
Blogger RUTH said...

Melissa started at her new Junior School yesterday.....Leanne (her Mum) said Mel was fine and went in quite happily....Leanne burst into tears though!
Good to have you back and what interesting projects you have in store
Rx

2:29 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Ah what a capture! And your youngest starting kindergarten. . ."the days are long, but these years go so fast!" These shots will bring back the joy, years from now. Enjoy your fall shooting time. BTW, have you ever considered writing a book titled "Mudge Pond"? Maybe a photo book. It's a wonderful place and I LOVE the name, too.
-Kim

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home