<

Friday, October 19, 2007

Swamp grass


grass, originally uploaded by jahansell.

I have no idea if this is swamp grass. Or even if it's grass! But I liked the shape and the color.

I'm so glad Jazzy tagged me the other day - I've had more fun comments than in months! To answer some of the questions that were asked:

I don't sing jazz much anymore - for the last 8 or 9 years I've been involved in a Gilbert & Sullivan group. But I still sing the old standards to my kids as lullabies. In fact, here's a story: when I was pregnant with my first child I used to sing "Our Love is Here to Stay" to her (or him - I didn't know which at that point!) When she was first born, she wouldn't stop crying - until I started singing that song to her. She calmed right down, gazed up at me as if she knew it well. To this day, nearly 9 years later, she loves that song!

Re the stone wall from yesterday. If I recall correctly, it's quite recent - built within the last few years, to imitate the old ones that still exist around here. I don't know who lives there though.

And Kim - 2 inches of hail - that's incredible ! We get it here sometimes, but not like that!

4 Comments:

Blogger Janet said...

Some of the simplest things are so, so beautiful. Very nice photo.

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grass here has gone to seed too and I have some different kinds and all the seeds look totally different. Amazing. I think the mother plants are dosed with radiation to keep these clones we buy from spawning millions of new clumps of grass. The birds eat the seeds though.

6:27 AM  
Blogger duopastorale said...

That background looks very peaceful.

Quick Snap 365

7:27 AM  
Blogger Andree said...

wonderful: simple, clear, full of beauty.

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home