<

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Tinted trees


tinted trees, originally uploaded by jahansell.

Just playing, today - tone, light and shadow, lines, all that.

Meanwhile, I've been tagged! Thanks, Jazzy!

I'm supposed to tell you eight things you probably didn't know about me. So here goes:

1. I used to be a courtroom sketch artist
2. I've studied four or five languages seriously, but can't speak any of them well - they all get tangled up in my head and any random word from any of them might pop out when I'm trying to speak one of them!
3. I once interviewed Koko The Gorilla in a live chat on America Online.
4. I once sang (jazz) at the Village Gate in Greenwich Village.
5. I am terribly afraid of spiders - the idea that one might descend on a string and crawl on me at night makes me shiver.
6. I have been known to scoop peanut butter from the jar with my finger.
7. I have terrible allergies and asthma - I sometimes go through a box of tissue in a day.
8. I think I'm too serious - I wish I laughed more!

Now, who to tag? I'll have to scope around the DP family and see who hasn't been yet! Stay tuned!



So far I've tagged:
Gerald from Hyde
Felicia from San Diego
Bill from Delta, CO
... and I think I'll stop there! I visited a dozen other blogs and they'd all been tagged already! And several of them pointed out the spamminess of tagging, so rather than further annoy people I'll leave off now, and hope that Gerald, Felicia and Bill aren't too annoyed!

These are the rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. List eight (8) random facts about yourself.
3. Tag eight people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving them a comment on their blogs.

12 Comments:

Blogger Andree said...

Love the effeccts here. some photos just scream for this treatment. you have a fascinating background!

11:47 PM  
Blogger Kate said...

I like the experiment with the tinted trees. Good job!

11:57 PM  
Blogger Gerald (SK14) said...

Yes I was tagged by MedaM see http://ackworthborn.blogspot.com/2007/10/i-have-been-tagged.html

You are the third to tag me since then!

3:50 AM  
Blogger RUTH said...

I love the effect of the photo. I enjoyed reading your tag info...a courtroom sketch artist ...no wonder your photos have an artistic eye :o)
Rx

12:20 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

Sometimes memes can be fun and sometimes annoying, depending on how much else I have to do. Your 8 facts were VERY interesting.

I love your trees, nice "sepia." very nice lines and detail.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I have really bad allergies too. I used to have terrible asthma, but when I learned I was sensitive to milk (not allergic) and gave it up, most of my asthma went away.

I am NOT afraid of spiders.

I am afraid of heights, but did not used to be.

1:20 PM  
Blogger Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

I think I'm too serious too.

1:21 PM  
Blogger tut-tut said...

I love the effects of the photo. Now, you know you'll have to insert some audio into your blog of your singing, at some point!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

very interesting '8' list Jenny, do you still sing jazzy, at least at home?
thanks for participating!
=)

10:30 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Jenny, You were one of the first I thought to tag, but given the time in the school year and that you already keep our theme day voting booth up, I thought you were probably too busy to welcome it. I'm glad you did go for it, though. Like Andree already commented, you do have a fascinating background. All that talent and intelect has come out in your photos without needing a word. I'm an admirer of your skill with the lens and the soul you put behind it. I love seeing Sharon and its surroundings. Happy Friday! (We've just had a tremendous hail storm here. . .about 2 inches deep in 2 minutes time. Thunder and lighting quite near. Oh my.)
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

3:32 PM  
Blogger Waldo Oiseau said...

Love your blog! I think the "8 things about yourself" is a virus going around! :)

A courtroom sketch artist? Very interesting!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Felicia said...

Hi Jenny, so I'm "it" and will get to it soon...your 8 items were so interesting and informative that I thought it only fair that I keep it going!

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home