<

Monday, November 26, 2007

BnB to Be?


bnb to be, originally uploaded by jahansell.

This house, next door to mine, has been empty for several years. It was bought by a couple from a nearby town, who have systematically improved and beautified the grounds - everything looks pretty swanky now where it was, well, a bit decrepit when we moved in four years ago. They own four houses in our little plot - we live in the only one they don't own. They've said they're planning to open a bed and breakfast in the house, which is enormous - actually two houses attached together. One was here originally, and the other, which I think is somewhat older, was brought here from some other spot and added on. They moved in last weekend but we haven't run into them yet - I'm looking forward to hearing their plans, as a bed and breakfast might change the feeling of our little spot.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

jenny, where will this b&b be located? Is it on the Green?

9:31 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Roddy, I hope I haven't opened a can of worms by posting this - I don't know if their plans are official or not! But I can tell you that this is around the corner from the green, on North Main - next to the church.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Wayne said...

I hope the B&B turns out to be a good thing, if it happens.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Jazzy said...

hope it's not gona be a huge change for you as neighbours!
great house btw.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Suzi-k said...

hi, thanks for the visit to Port Elizabeth DP, I have really enjoyed scrolling through your posts, your pics are stunning, I especially adored the one of the swing over the carpet of red leaves. I'll be back!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home