<

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Twin Oaks, barren


twin oaks barren, originally uploaded by jahansell.

I'm sorry I haven't posted for half a week - I went away for Thanksgiving and neither brought a computer nor tried to find one. It was a nice break! I'm back, and I have a funny story to tell. Remember this story from a full month ago? I was certain that my 5-year-old took my camera without asking and left it at the town's soccer field. I asked her several times, and finally she remembered, and explained that she'd walked around, taking pictures, and then lay down on a bench, forgetting the camera there. When we went back, it was gone, and nobody reported finding it. A month went by, and then a few days ago, we all got into my car for a family trip for Thanskgiving. My husband opened the center console in the car, and there was the camera, exactly where I'd put it myself - my daughter hadn't touched it. She created the memory because I wanted her to - and I think she really believed it! What power a mother has over her daughter - it's truly sobering! (I'll download the photo that went with the original post tomorrow!) [Edited to say - the photo is there at last, just click the link above.]

Meanwhile, about this photo: it's the iconic "Twin Oaks Field" from afar - the trees have lost most of their leaves, but the field is still green.

6 Comments:

Blogger Wayne said...

I love that shot! Just want to get in the car and drive and see that place.

I'm glad you found your camera. I would be hurting big time without mine. And I hope you and your daughter are on good terms now. :)

Thanks,
Wayne

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahh, a great outcome to the story!!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Bettey said...

Cute story, great picture!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I'm glad you found your camera!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Terry Cowgill said...

Jenny,

Maybe your daughter plucked the camera from her secret hiding place and deposited it into the center console, where she knew you would find it and then apologize.

Actually, I'm sure she's clever enough to do that but not dishonest enough. Glad you found it.

Terry Cowgill

8:10 PM  
Blogger Andree said...

That's amazing: it could be summer if we didn't know better. I'm glad you shared your story. It is quite a tale and teaches us a lot.

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home