<

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Deer in the Woods


deer in the woods, originally uploaded by jahansell.

An interruption in the tour of Ancramdale. I went out for a jog last night and saw, on Low Road, this deer, not fifteen feet away. It had a strange feature, which you can't see from this angle: its tongue was hanging out of the side of its mouth. I don't know if it was doing it on purpose or if it sick or injured in some way - it was quite a strange sight. It watched me as I tiptoed closer and closer, but eventually bounded away with another, larger deer that I assumed was its mother.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jim Klenke said...

Its very beautiful, hope it was ok. Do they normally get that close?

10:52 PM  
Blogger brian stout said...

nice close up.... 'you can't see me, i'm hiding behind this brush'...=)

12:15 AM  
Blogger M. CHRISTOPHE said...

Nice meeting with is very shy animal. It's very difficult to get so close of them.

1:54 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Jenny, sweet creature you came upon. What a mystery that tongue is!
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope it wasn't injured. It looks pretty good in your photo.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home