<

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

A Little Contest


My posting yesterday, in which I mentioned "a well-known songwriter" made me think - I haven't mentioned much about our local talent -- a surprising number of actors, writers, musicians, artists and other well-known creative types make their homes here. So, a contest (and local residents can't play!) - identify the nine people represented in this collage. They all own homes in Sharon (or so I'm told - the source of information about one of them is dicey - but the rest I know for sure) and spend (or spent) significant amounts of time here. Post your list in the comments - I'll keep them private til the end of tomorrow so that nobody can steal from others. The winner gets a set of Sharon CT greeting cards!

Edited to add: I've published the comments - I had a few private emails from people that had most or all of the identifications. Marta, I didn't include Meryl Streep because she lives in Salisbury - also in our little area but not Sharon are Jane Curtin, Jill Clayburgh, Edward Herrmann, Sam Waterston, Sandra Boynton, and Laura Linney, among others. So, in order from top left
Kyra Sedgwick, Jane Kaczmarek, Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick,
Campbell Scott, Bradley Whitford, Michael J. Fox,
Yancy Butler, William F. Buckley and a Jasper Johns painting.
I realize now I'd meant to include Tracy Pollan, who's married to Michael J. Fox and is an actress too.
The winner is Anonymous - but I can't send you cards because I don't know who you are!
New posting tomorrow.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane Kaczmarekt and Bradley Whitford, William F Buckley (por supuesto), Kevin Bacon and Kyra Sedgwick, Michael J Fox, looks like a Jasper Johns and then I just really don't know who the hot babe with the gun or the other actor is.... off hand.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Jilly said...

I think I know 2 - maybe 3 - but will wait till more knowledgeable folk than myself, write their list. Just to say you've a lot of beautiful people (and talented) in your town - nice collage.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

you forgot to mention Maryl Streep?
i used to live there.
you probibly know my mom:
Anne Peck

i miss it up there!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home