<

Friday, April 25, 2008

Daffodil circle


daff circle, originally uploaded by jahansell.

Daffodils are in full bloom - in the last few days I've seen azaleas, tulips, fattening buds on lilac trees - after that endless dormant period where nothing changes for days, weeks, months, it's all moving at freight-train speed now!

After a week and a half of blazing sun, it's finally raining a bit now with more forecast over the next few days. Just in time for emerging gardens.

All this week, I've been places - lovely and interesting places - and not had my camera with me. Why? Maybe because I know, somehow, it's time for this blog to change. I know others have stuck with the daily commitment and I admire that. But right now it doesn't seem possible. I posted daily, mostly, for two full years. As an art project, a social experiment, a way of promoting Sharon, a way of being a part of a global community, I am so glad I've done it. But I don't want to keep failing to keep that commitment and I know I can't do it every day anymore. Maybe that will change, but for now I am going to commit to only this:

I will continue the blog, posting as I can. I hope never to let a week go by without a couple of photos, but I don't want to post a boring or repetitive photo just for the sake of posting, either. I've been invited to photograph at some interesting homes and gardens, so that will provide fresh opportunity, and there's always something new to do and see and shoot - I will continue to do that, and to bring photos of Sharon to all who have come to rely on this blog for a taste of life in our beautiful corner of the world. I appreciate all your thoughtful comments, and so often when I've thought of quitting, it's you, the readers and visitors, who have kept me going.

Sometime soon I will post a new header reflecting its "non-daily" status. I'll keep the URL as so many have it bookmarked.
I welcome your thoughts and feedback!

5 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I'm glad you'll still be posting occasionally. Thanks for all the pleasure your photos have given us over the past two years.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Showing Up for the Muse said...

I haven't found your pictures boring- but I do understand the pressure to post daily and it's insignificance in the overall scheme of commitments. You should be proud of what you have done- and I will keep checking the site for inspiration-
Best wishes- Tilly

12:27 PM  
Blogger Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

so many blogs still labeled "Daily Photo" post so infrequently that they should change their title.
No need to change their URL.
If you are posting at least once or twice a week then don't worry about changing the title but if it gets less frequent then maybe so - but hey don't worry greatly about it - post when you can
I love the circle of daffodils.

12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll look forward to your postings even if they're not daily. We really enjoy your photography and seeing Sharon in pictures.

9:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I certainly understand your need to take a break from time to time. I am an ex-Sharonite, and your pictures certainly bring back fond memories. I use them as my escape from my stressful job -- so, as time permits please share. Alexis

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home