<

Monday, July 14, 2008

Herondale Farm


Herondale, originally uploaded by jahansell.

Need a supply of grassfed, organic beef, pork and free-range chicken? Herondale Farm in Ancramdale is your source! I visited there a few days ago and got a tour of the operation - from the fuzzy baby chicks under warming lights, to the older chicks in protective pens, to the adults scrabbling around in the grass to, yes, the slaughtering room!

I am sorry this blog has been inconsistent lately. The supply chain for a daily photoblog is long and can break down anywhere along the line: one goes out and takes pictures, uploads them to the computer, looks through them to choose and photo-edit the best (trying to avoid children, pets and flowers, which make up a large portion of my daily photographic output!), loads those to Flickr, and then blogs the best one for the day. This past week was a tough one, but perhaps next week will be better!

4 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Courson Smith said...

Go ahead and post the children, pets and flowers - they're all part of life! Love the cows...

11:45 AM  
Blogger Janet said...

Sounds like these would be good to eat since they are organic!
I enjoy seeing the various pets and flowers from around the world. There are many plants that don't grow here or that I have never seen.

3:50 PM  
Blogger Neva said...

I am with boise diva...post the kids and the pets...bet they would be fabulous.....but I understand the delima....some times it is easier to blog than others isn't it?

10:43 PM  
Blogger Jane Hards Photography said...

Post away. I have no idea from on day to the next what I'll be posting, apart from skywatch. Much easier that way. That looks one happy cow.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home