<

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Roadside


roadside, originally uploaded by jahansell.

Coleman Station Road (or, as it seems to say on Google Maps, Sheffield Road.) We biked from Sharon to Millerton and back - a 2 hour ride at our poky pace - via Sharon Statoin Road to the Rail Trail, and back on Coleman Station Road. All went well til I hit Hospital Hill Road, slowed down on the long steep uphill, swerved to get a bit of momentum, skidded out and hit the pavement, wrists and knees first. I am going to get a wrist x-ray tomorrow! And I'm done with the road bike - back to my mountain bike. Who needs speed when you can have comfort and stability?

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Hospital Hill road seems like a good place for an accident!

I hit 50 mph going down Cottonwood Pass on my mountain bike once, probably not the smartest thing I ever did :) Hope all goes well tomorrow.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch! Heal well. Hope the news tomorrow(actually today) is good! Rick

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home