<

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cows with sky



Today we had about 20 minutes of amazing weather. It was dull and cloudy and chilly all day, with spots of rain - no good photo ops. Just as I was arriving home at 5:30, the sun came out, so I raced out to take pictures (I'm trying to get just the right fall shot of the Twin Oaks but keep missing the good light - darn those family and job responsibilities!) Just as I got started, it began to rain, then hail - hard. The sun was still shining from the west, and I saw the most extraordinary double rainbow over Mudge Pond (photo tk tomorrow.) I got up to Twin Oaks field just in time to see the sun set below the horizon (drat, missed it again) and the rainbow begin to break up. An older couple was up on the hill in their pickup truck, enjoying the view. They said it had been a complete double rainbow all the way over the fields, which were brilliantly lit.

Driving home up Low Road, I caught this scene. It's actually a combination of two shots of the same thing: one exposed for the sky, one for the land. Does it work?

3 Comments:

Blogger Rick said...

j- I too saw those clouds and the lighting was special for just a few minutes! Glad you were out and about as i was stuck in store. Can't wait to see tomorrows. Todays works just fine! The clouds were so 3-D. Great!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Terry Cowgill said...

I saw the double rainbow at about the same time, too. It arched over Wells Hill in Lakeville and for about 15 minutes was incredibly vivid.

I took a photo (which I will post tomorrow) just as the brilliance was beginning to recede.

An amazing day, I agree.

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors are amazing, Jenny.

5:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home