<

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Time for a Change!

The Daily Photo blogs were not meant to be partisan. However this is the only means I have to reach a wide audience quickly. I am travelling to Ohio for the six days leading up to the election (ETA: October 31 - Nov 5), to volunteer for the Obama campaign in one of the most important swing states, where every vote counts and one person can make the difference in the whole election. I need help with travel expenses. If you'd like to help, please use the Chipin Widget on the right side of my blog. If you disagree with my political views, feel free to express yourself here and anywhere. However I ask you to be civil and responsible - I'll listen to anything you have to say if it is thoughtful and fact-based. (Anyone who comments that Obama "hates America" or "pals around with terrorists" will have their comment removed.)

PS: I've read with interest all of the Anonymous comments, then deleted them. If you can tell me who you are I'd love to have a real conversation with you. Interesting how coordinated the anti-Obama campaign must be to find my obscure little post within an hour and then start papering me with propaganda. Nothing I read has changed my conviction that Obama would be the better president. No more anonymous comments will be allowed.

(Further edited to add: To be fair, I'm not allowing positive anonymous comments either!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Virginia said...

This country needs more people that act positively on the strength of their convictions. There are too many that want to talk the talk but won't walk the walk. I admire you for speaking and acting on your personal convictions.

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:49 AM  
Blogger Louise said...

Hi Jenny, I meant my comment in support of your efforts working for Obama/Biden. I'm doing phone banking for the campaign, etc. Again, I love your photos and good luck in Ohio!

10:57 AM  
Blogger Lachezar said...

This year's US election totally fascinates me! I respect you taking a stance and letting other know about it!
Here in NZ our election date is November 8th. However important for the country the excitement levels won't match yours.
So good luck in your endeavour.
Having followed the news and info on TV, nespapers and magazines, my gut feeling is that Obama will win by a landslide.
However, this is for you the US citizens to decide.
Cheers!

8:28 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

We sure need something, thats for sure! Jenn, I really applaud you for your efforts. Sure hope you took your camera along and can share some stories when you return. I agree with your choice of candidates to support, as will I, yet wonder whether he truly is ready to lead. Living in the sheltered northwest corner, we often seem really removed to what so many have to deal with on a day to day. This great country is so screwed up in soooo many ways, and I pray that someone, hopefully Obama, is the person to help lead us out of it. It will likely take years, but with some good leadership, this CAN be a turning point in America's history. I heard partial lyrics from a Christian song today, basically saying you'd better get it right, because we are only given one chance...... Sure seems relevant now, no? Hope my little contribution helps in some way. Regards, Rick

9:15 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

Good on you Jenny - the world awaits the outcome. So glad you put your actions where your convictions are!

3:52 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Louise, I know it was positive - but I felt, to be fair, that if I was disallowing negative Anonymous comments I had to do the same with supportive ones. But thank you! PS I'm not going til 10/31!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Helen said...

I think if Obama can do what he says he will make an excellent President. I thinks is awesome that you are going to Ohio to help.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Alexis said...

Jenn, I am so proud of you and your willingness to spend time in Ohio. We need to get out of this financial mess; and more importantly, this war that is killing our loved ones and draining us financially. My thoughts and prayers are with you on your journey.

2:58 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

I congratulate you on your Obama post and, although I campaigned on the other side of the aisle, think that our political involvement, and passion for our beliefs,is what makes us proud Americans.

Congrats on your hard work and win. (I bet you had a great time.)

1:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home