<

Sunday, July 05, 2009

FIreworks, of course


fire1, originally uploaded by jahansell.

For the first time in years we went INTO Lime Rock Park to see the fireworks. I got yelled at last year by someone from the Salisbury Rotary for watching from outside the park, and I understand that they raise money for scholarships from the admission fees. But when my kids were little it was just way too loud to watch them up close. This year my 10 year old and her cousin braved it, and we had a blast. They were beautiful - much more varied and interesting than when I was a kid. Multiple colors, curly twisty shapes - all around spectacular.

Lots is going on in Sharon these days -- stay tuned!

2 Comments:

Blogger Frank said...

Thank you for mentioning Lime Rock. When living right along the New York border in Northern New Jersey, we made the fun trip up Route 7 many times to race weekends at Lime Rock. (OK, I had to promise my wife she could antique and poke around at flower farms and shops.)We would stay in Cornwall or a bed and breakfast in Kentt but not let on that we were racegoers. (They were not welcome at the B&B.)
The river and countryside is some of the most beautiful in the entire US. As is Sharon. Watching the fireworks at Lime Rock is as American as it gets.
I hope you had fun.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Rick said...

outstanding capture Jenn....

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home