<

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter Rules!


on line, originally uploaded by jahansell.

(Headline by Abbey.)

When the release of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was delayed from last Thanksgiving until July, the Potter nerds in my house (myself and my 10 year old daughter) were crushed.

But the wait is over: tonight we saw the film, together with our good friends Michelle and Erica, who co-organized the Book 7 release party in Millerton a few years back. The house was filled with Potter fans -the kind that laugh when a scene begins because they know what's coming, the kind that can recite lines along with their favorite characters. Crying babies and inappropriately talking oldsters were at a minimum, too, thankfully. My own daughter was just about the only one who couldn't stop chattering!

I'll be writing my review in next week's Lakeville Journal, but suffice to say, it was worth the wait.

I confess the Moviehouse isn't my favorite place to see a film - the screen is small, the audio was too quiet, it's always too hot or too cold - but it's our hometown theater and so was the right place to go. We'd thought about going to the city but it was too complicated. I hear Poughkeepsie's got a great theater too, but when I see it again - and I will - I think I'll go for the Imax 3-D experience!

This lineup was for the next show after the one we'd seen- I imagine the crowds will keep coming all week and into the weekend.