<

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Double stream


double stream, originally uploaded by jahansell.

I discovered something very dismaying today. I got an email from the great niece of Emily WInthrop MIles (of Miles Audubon Wildlie Sanctuary on West Cornwall Road) - she was googling her aunt, found a post from my blog from NOvember 2006, but the picture was gone. I went to look and sure enough, many of the photos from back then have disappeared. I went to the server I used at the time, Imageshack, and discovered that if a photo isn't accessed once a year, it is deleted! NObody ever told me that when I uploaded them! (perhapsi t was hidden in the terms of service.)

This means that some unkown number of posts from the early history of the blog have no photos. I do have them all on my hard drive but I doubt I'll go through them to figure out what photo goes with what post and re-upload them. (However, if you have a particular request, let me know!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I am so sorry to learn of this loss of images. Don't you just HATE when things like this happen. Makes me wonder what the future of Flickr and Blogger and all these internet hosts and where our work will "go" when they bite the dust. I guess it is a bit like music. . .it hangs in the air and we enjoy it while the band is playing, but once they stop, the song is over (unless we record it).
-Kim

3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home