<

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

June Theme Day - Funny Signs



It's been a long time since I've participated in the global City Daily Photo theme day, but I miss being part of it, and I had a perfect contribution as it is indeed Turtle Season.  Click here, and here, and here, and especially here to see photos of snapping turtles, who cross the road, ver-r-r-r-y slowly, at this time of year. Last week, my daughter and I saw a very small one on the Rail Trail - no more than the diameter of a coffee cup, but just as fierce as the gigantic ones.

Usually well over 100 participants from all over the globe, from Paris to Kuala Lumpur, participate in the Monthly Theme Day.  Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

9 Comments:

Blogger Lady Demeter said...

That's a nice sign! The only animals crossing streets here in Germany are game animals and frogs. So noting too slow ;)
Happy theme day!

2:31 AM  
Blogger Tussy said...

Good choice for you this time, I can imagine how slow it is.

My Inspiration
My Bangkok Through My Eyes

2:33 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Hi Jenny! Terrific sign; love all these signs for "unusual" animals at crossings.

6:31 AM  
Blogger B SQUARED said...

There must not be too many turtles left. And just why did the turtle cross the road?

9:08 AM  
Blogger Lois said...

Cute sign! We have a problem with turtles crossing a very busy road here and they are building an ecopassage under the highway just for them.

12:34 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Definitely a sign I'd never seen around here before, great pick for the theme. I love turtles, but the only ones I've seen around here are the fake, but realistic one I have for my garden and the water ones at Petco, nothing like the ones in your photo links.

6:08 PM  
Blogger ~tanty~ said...

Nice sign Jenny. Happy theme day!

6:34 PM  
Blogger Buck said...

That's unique!
Fierce is the right word for snapping turtles.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

What a fun local sign of great importance. Interesting how feisty the critters are, too.
Near my parents' place in the Mohave Desert there are similar signs warning drivers about wild burros who cross the highway to get to the river for water each morning and evening.
-Kim
(Super to see you Jenny, and now I've got to go visit your archives and catch up with you.)

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home