<

Monday, April 23, 2012

military funeral

military funeral by jahansell
military funeral, a photo by jahansell on Flickr.
I was jogging one afternoon and as I came up Main Street past the Kenney Funeral home I came across a military funeral just concluding. Two men in very sharp uniforms (forgive me for not knowing what they were) were very carefully and meticulously folding the flag. These three gentlemen watched. In front of them on the grass is a bugle, which apparently had already been played - when the flag was folded and handed to the widow, they packed up the bugle, and all the soldiers turned, marched away, got into a van and drove away. I guess they come for the ceremony but don't stay to talk because they may not have really known the person or his family?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home